Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Max Payne piece: failed attempt

A few months back, I was working hard on an analytical comparative piece, on the similarities and distinctions between Max Payne the movie and Max Payne the video game.
Obviously, I never finished it. And I don't think I will. It was long-winded, and I think I intentionally did not finish it for this reason. I had substantial connections between Norse mythology and characters within the movie/game, however those connections were merely well-placed. There was no symbolism, no powerful caricatures to speak of. It was fascinating, (especially learning what I did of the mythology) however, it led to nowhere.

But the worst part about it all, was the fact that the movie failed MISERABLY to stand up to its predecessor. Big surprise. I was hoping that the film might obliterate the common missteps that, more often than not, video game-based movies tend to make. However, it was a huge letdown.

But hey, nothing is as bad as Street Fighter.

2 comments:

Louis said...

i freakin loved Street FIghter the movie so stfu

Chris said...

Street Fighter the movie was an AWFUL adaptation of the game. (let me just clarify: it was AWFUL)

Mortal Kombat was a more coherent, synthesized piece of work.

Just my opinion.

Shut up Louis.