Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thoughts on Portland

This last weekend my wife and I spent our free time in Portland, with our friends and our family. The entirety of the weekend was in some capacity spent under those grey, rainy skies; with disregard to Monday morning, of course.


My dear uncle and his family had the two of us over for dinner Friday evening, and we all shared pizza and hilarious conversation. We had the opportunity to share with them our future plans, as well. My beautiful cousins are all grown up, and Kelsey has really developed into quite a woman. I am very proud.



Side note: Kelsey's brother, Kory, is the drummer for a metal/hardcore outfit tucked away in the crevices of Beaverton. After dinner, he retired to the upstairs to practice, and I was amazed at what I heard. He seems to be a very talented drummer, from a family full of pianists.
Call Us Forgotten


kory | MySpace Video


The rest of the weekend was spent in joyful abundance with my friends in Portland. My good friends, Kyle and Kailey, showed us the ins-and-outs of the city, and let us stay with them while we were in town. To them we are so thankful.


Kyle, Greg and I shared some pretty entertaining moments together. I have them to thank for the trips around Portland, late into the evening. It was such fun.


Also, Whitney Walters was particularly lovely to talk to this past trip, as she always dictates the world to me in such style, and with such pursuit.


Thanks again, good friends and family, for our time spent in Portland. We love you all, and we are most anxious to be there soon.

No comments: